Monday, July 9, 2012

Femara

So, I picked up my Femara today. I will be taking (3) 2.5 milligram pills once a day for 5 days, meaning that I am on the max dosage of 7.5 milligrams. It cost me $7.50 for the bottle with my insurance. I wish I could tell you how much it is without.

Today has been a rough day. I am pretty emotional, and I don't know how much longer I can deal with the anxiety that comes with TTC. I was really let down by the last cycle, and Clomid in general.

My doctor had good intentions when he was so confident, but I think it would have been better to ensure that I understood that this is a long process, and that just because one treatment doesn't work, doesn't mean that one of the treatments won't work.

The hardest thing for me is the sitting and waiting. At certain points in the process, it's just sort of out of your hands. You take your pills, you wait for a little line. If you don't get a little line, you wait for your period, and then the process starts again. If you DO get a little line, you have a lot of sex, then wait for a DIFFERENT little line. Then IF you get that second little line, and you have fertility issues, you wait to make sure it sticks.

It's a LOT of waiting, and it is emotional, and difficult to accept that you have done all you can for that point in time.

Greg and I have always known that we would adopt at some point in time. We have decided to start our path to adoption alongside TTC. It doesn't mean we will stop fertility treatments, and it doesn't mean we will adopt right away. We just want to be ready when the time is right. Thursday is the MAPP class orientation. I am pretty excited to learn more about the process.


No comments:

Post a Comment