Thursday, July 26, 2012

Back on the journey...

So, I realized today, when looking at my WomanLogPro calendar, that day 21 of this cycle is Saturday.

I have mixed feelings. I am pretty sure I didn't ovulate. I didn't even bother calling CVS because I am pretty positive that I didn't, and that one OPK was a fluke. However, I also realize that I have to look at this like a marathon, and not a sprint. I am only in my 4th assisted cycle. I am only on my second drug. There are still options.

I think, what I need to do is to find a way to give fertility treatments the best shot I can, while not getting too frustrated with the process. Which means not obsessing over whether the LH test is darker today than yesterday, but also it means remembering to test....EVERY day. In any case, this blog is changing as I go. I guess now it is the journey to parenthood, and not necessarily strictly about TTC.

After my dad expressed concerns about adoption, I did a lot of research to see if I could find a way to discuss it with him. I did, and I also found some good books on the subject. Expect some book reviews in the next few days. Monday my dad and stepmom are coming for dinner, and we want to talk to them about the adoption process a little more. I really hope all goes well. We aren't going to adopt until after we finish infertility treatments one way or another, but we do want to at least start getting every one on board.

No comments:

Post a Comment