Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Meeting 9

I can't believe we are already at meeting 9 in our MAPP class!

Tonight we are turning in our family book. Greg and I made a little video along with it that has a house tour and that sort of thing. We figured if we adopt a younger child who can not read yet, the video will give them enough to go on. It was fun to make, but nerve wracking. It seems easy; just sit in front of a  camera and talk about yourself...hah! As of this moment, the book is not completed. I still have a couple more pictures to add and I need to write a vision statement and a mission statement. I am having a hard time with that. Greg thinks it only needs to be a sentence or so, but I think it needs to be a paragraph.

We are also turning in our birth parent letter. This makes me nervous. I just don't want to say the wrong thing. I want them to know that we care deeply for their child, and that we will never try to break the bond that is there.

Tonight the adoption worker should be there, plus someone from the Coalition who is supposed to tell us the scary stuff, to make us realize exactly what we are signing up for I guess.

I am just so excited I could die! I am ready to start the home study process!

No comments:

Post a Comment