Saturday, February 12, 2011

Syndrome X

It sounds like a spooky formula for world destruction doesn't it? Basically, it's insulin resistance, combined with other scary symptoms, all of which are common in people with PCOS. I heard about it years ago, but never really did anything about it.

I have been fatigued, weak, bloated, depressed (although that has something to do with some other things going on lately), and generally feeling like poop. I think a big portion of it has to do with my diet sucking lately. I have been drinking cola and energy drinks, and eating a lot of crappy food. I guess I am getting older, because 5 years ago, that wouldn't have effected me at all. Now, I feel completely depleted. That is the best word to use to describe how I feel; depleted.

These recent events have made me more concerned than ever, so I have decided to take the bull by the horns, and bought a book, Syndrome X. So far, basically it sounds like I need to do a Glycemic index diet, with items with GI numbers lower than 55, and supplement with things like zinc and chromium. Pretty simple.
Tonight is grocery night, so we will start there! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment