Monday, March 12, 2012

The Appointment.

I did it. I made an appointment with a Reproductive Endocrinologist. I spoke with my GP about it, and he seemed pretty enthused and like he thought it would go well. He said to definitely ask about Metformin, which I was on as a teen but it made me sick. Apparently a lot of PCOS girls who just take Metformin, without clomid or anything else, get pregnant within the first couple months. Now to not get my hopes up too high! And I am freaking out about all the things that could go wrong...it could be crazy expensive, I could miscarry, I could have no success at all, I could hate the RE and have to drive 3 hours to see the next closest one, etc. etc.

I have kept my weight around 255 for the last few months. I had lost about 15 lbs doing Zumba 3 times a day, but we moved with my mom while waiting for our house to be finished and there just is no room. We close on our house in May, so I am definitely looking forward to that!

I think the time has come to tell *some* of our family that we are trying to get pregnant. I won't want to tell anyone when we are pregnant for the first trimester, since there is a sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiightly elevated risk of miscarriage. But we will want to share with some people, and have them understand our concerns. I really want to tell my dad and stepmom, and DH wants to tell his mom and sister, and I think that's a good idea. I am excited and nervous all at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment