Monday, May 14, 2012

Test Time!

So the period is officially over, as of Friday. Today is CD 12, and so yesterday I started LH testing. I actually started 3 days ago, just to be safe.

According to PeeOnAStick.com (which is a fantastic site for info on OPK and HPT's), LH is synthesized early in the morning, so I can't use first morning urine.

So, I ate a good breakfast, drank some water, andwaited to test. According to the site, the best time to test is between 2 and 4 pm. I am nervous about missing the LH surge, so I will probably test twice a day, around 2pm and again, if I don't get a positive, in the evening before bed.

This is crunch time! I am nervous that I won't ovulate. It's stupid, because I know that Clomid doesn't always work the first time, and even if it DOES, I know that I still may not get pregnant the first time.

So I took the test at like 11:30, because I have no patience. It was negative. Took it again at 2:40 PM, and it's still negative. So yesterday wasn't the day. My doctor said to have sex every other day, so we did have sex yesterday, just in case. I will post my LH results for today later.

*Some info: Keep in mind that I am giving my info exclusively. You may not have the same experiences.*

-Clomid costs $11.99 a pill without my insurance, I paid $4.00 for the bottle (10 pills)
-With insurance, my 2 doctors visits cost $175.00, without it, the bill was $674.00 (includes two pelvic exams, endometrial scrape, etc.)
-With insurance, my bloodwork was $265.45, without it, the bill was $6,066.00

No comments:

Post a Comment