Sunday, June 10, 2012

Yay!

   It seems that I am being granted a reprieve from the trauma that is my period! Yay! Today is the last day, I can tell. I think it's karma since I had that 14 day period 2 cycles ago.

   I almost forgot my Clomid yesterday. I had been keeping it in my purse, but forgot to put it back when I took my pills the other morning. So I was on my way to work, when suddenly the alarm on my phone goes off telling me that it's time to take it. I reach in my purse and think...SHIT. Luckily, I work about 5 minutes from home, so I made a U-turn, and rushed home to take them! I was only 3 minutes late for work! Not too shabby.

DH and I have been talking about birth options, knowing the gender, names, etc.

   I would prefer a home-birth over anything else, but DH would prefer a hospital. It's funny, because our reasoning is the same; safety and people who are concerned about our wishes. I am afraid of infection, surgery I don't need, medications I don't need, induction, unneccesary time in the hospital, medications the baby doesn't need, doctors who aren't paying attention to my wishes, etc. He is afraid of infection, unplanned emergencies, etc. and being too far from a hospital if there is an emergency, as well as people who are too much about doing it naturally to recognize distress from me or the baby. The compromise is that home-birth is out, but we will check out a birthing center, and the hospital. DH is on board with the birthing center 100% IF (because there's always an if) when we go he feels that it is clean, properly prepared for an emergency, that the staff is on board with going to the hospital if that is what I or the baby need, and close enough to the local hospital. The point is, I believe there are a lot of great options out there, no matter your concerns. It is important to research them so that you know what you are getting into. For instance, my SIL wanted to have a C-section. She didn't want to have vaginal tearing, she didn't want pitocin, and she wanted to make sure the baby didn't have the stress of a long labor. Those were the issues she was concerned with, so she made the best decision for her; a scheduled C-section. My choice is different, because I have different concerns. A lot of health practicioners, be they midwives, OB's or just MD's seem to forget that patients are also individuals. Be sure that you don't end up in a bad situation by doing your research, and making sure your voice is heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment