Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day One: pretty not good.

So today is day one of the Baby Diet. What did I have for breakfast? A giant spinach (high in folate) salad with tomatoes, zucchini, carrots, and a little dressing. Oh yeah...and a big slice of cake. Still, the whole meal only was 500 calories. I know the doctor said to cut out white flour and sugar, but its going to be tough. I am going to try, but MAN do I like a nice piece of bread with stew, or to bake a fresh cake. I am going to miss that stuff for a while.

She also recommended strenuous exercise. So, I have a Kinect, and Dance Central. For now, that is going to have to do until I can get our bikes fixed up this weekend. Then, its riding the bike to and from work everyday, plus Zumba on Thursdays and Dance Central for fun. I want to try to burn 3500 calories a week. I know thats a lot, but if I can manage it, it will really help jump start that sucky PCOS metabolism.

Since this is anonymous, I don't feel ashamed to say that I weigh 252 right now, and thats after I LOST 35 lbs, and then gained 7 back over the holidays!

2 comments:

  1. Hi wannabemommy,

    I just had to become a follower of your blog once I found it, it sounds like we are at such similar stages on our journey. Even though we are on the other side of the world - we have a lot of similarities.

    First - we both just started blogging about our efforts to deal with PCOS and fall pregnant.

    Second- I just started a new diet today - and I'm really missing the sugar! I love my muesli and bread and cakes and anything with carbohydrate in it. And now I'm suffering on day 1 without it......

    But hopefully we will both get to where we're going : )

    Good Luck!
    HeretoBaby

    ReplyDelete
  2. HereToBaby, I have commented on your blog and such since, but I can't believe I JUST saw this comment! So glad we found eachother!

    ReplyDelete