Thursday, January 20, 2011

Too eager, and who to tell?

We went to Wal-Mart for something, and I ended up getting a bunch of other stuff. It always works that way. One of the things I bought was a BBT thermometer. I don't have a period yet, so I don't know if it will be doing anything, but DH said he would start tracking, and anything that gets him involved I am all for.

We were also in the clearance section and they had BPA free bottles for like 4 bucks. I bought 2 packs for DH's bro's girlfriend, and I told DH that I kind of wanted to keep one pack for when we had a baby because they are actually really nice. I like one bloggers idea of a baby-cabinet, that is empty until she can fill it with all the the things she needs when she is pregnant, and then a mommy.
My other dilemma right now is who do we tell that we are trying, if anyone? DH says it's totally up to me, because he isn't really close to his dad, and he doesn't think his mom NEEDS to know. That's good, because frankly, if everyone knows, then I have to answer a lot of questions, and feel a lot of pressure and what if it doesn't turn out and I can't have kids? Then everyone gets to know I failed. And I love my parents, and my grandmother, but I don't know if I want them to know that this is an issue right now. My dad is like my best friend. I am a total daddy's girl. I want to tell him, but I also don't want him to worry. He will start to worry about my physical and emotional well-being, and our relationship and especially our financial situation. More than anything, I don't need to feel like a failure to anyone else if this doesn't work out. I could tell my friends, but even then there will be questions, and not-so-helpful advice. I know they'll mean well, but what if I just can't take it anymore? On the other hand, can DH and I do this with no support except from each other? Do we want to find out?

No comments:

Post a Comment