Monday, April 16, 2012

And now a word from our Husband...

My wife wants me to give some of my thoughts on our situation. I honestly find that very hard to do, even anonymously. Here goes nothing.

Part of me is scared that we are going to be putting all this time, effort and money into this attempt and it doesn't work. I suppose that is part of life though. If we already knew the outcome of life there would be no joy or excitement in it. The only other option is to not try, which doesn't seem like much of an option at all.

I have read all of her previous posts and was very upset to read the part where she was afraid that I might not want to be with her, just because we might have problems conceiving. The truth is that I wouldn't want to have children with anyone else. If my wife was unable to have kids, then I would be unable to have kids. Before I met her I thought that I was never going to have children. I wanted to adopt. I looked at it this way; there are so many children in this world that need a loving family and a safe home that it seemed selfish to me to have kids of your own. That is, until I met my wife (and don't worry, we are DEFINITELY going to adopt still!). Now I want nothing more than to have a child who has all of her wonderful characteristics and I guess some of my crappy ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment