Monday, April 16, 2012

Drug Number One...

Spoke to the doctors office, I didn't ovulate. For once, this is good news, since it means I can start Provera immediately, so that I can have a period, and then take Clomiphene to make me ovulate. I am actually taking the generic form, so the drug name itself is Medroxyprogesterone. Here is the link to the National Library of Medicine information on this drug.

Basically, it can cause mood swings, sore boobs, and essentially PMS. There can be other severe side effects, but they seem to be rare, and my doctor and I have discussed this being the best plan for me.

I have to take two 10mg pills once a day for 10 days, or until I start a period (it can sometimes happen in the first could days on the drug, rather than after you have finished taking the medication). When I start a full-fledged period, then I call the office on day 1, and begin taking Clomiphene.

After the horror movie that was my last period, I went a little nutso at CVS.

I bought two different kinds of OPK's, because I want to test twice a day on CD10-17 since I have read that sometimes morning readings are no good. I also bought 2 bottles of prenatal since I have been taking them for about 3 months now and they were buy one get one free...gotta love CVS!

I am super dooper excited! I am going to take my pills at night (the theory being I will sleep through any immediate crappy side effects like headaches or cramping), around 10:30-10:35 every night, just to be extra consistent. Tonight I took my first dose...wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment